[Zope] How to do...

Garito garito at sistes.net
Wed Oct 18 12:53:05 EDT 2006

Andreas Jung escribió:

> --On 18. Oktober 2006 16:15:37 +0200 Garito <garito at sistes.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> How can I control the way an attribute of a product is readed?
>> __getattr__? __getattribute__?
>>
>> I try the __getattribute__ way but it modifies the property pages
>>
>> Example:
>>
>> I create an object instance of the product and like:
>>
>> Property1 = 'Some text'
>> Property2 = 2006-10-18
>>
>> I would like to call Property2 like
>>
>> object.Property2 and retrieve the data with the current locale
>
> Don't do that. Make a clear separation between the storage layer and
> any kind of presentation issues. If you need your internal data
> represented in a fancy way, write a dedicated accessor method and use
> this one inside your templates (or whatever) instead of accessing the
> data directly.
>
> -aj
Then I can't create a property that stores a tal expression for example?

I would like to write things like:

object.property = 'here/anotherproperty'
object.anotherproperty = 'Barcelona'

and ask it like:

print object.property -> 'Barcelona'

or

<tal:city tal:replace='here/property' /> -> 'Barcelona'

Is this possible?

Thanks!!!

--
Mis Cosas