[Zope] How to do...

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Thu Oct 19 08:59:56 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Garito" <garito at sistes.net>
To: "Chris Withers" <chris at simplistix.co.uk>
Cc: "Lista Zope Internacional" <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 8:46 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] How to do...

> Chris Withers escribió:
>> Garito wrote:
>>> object.Property2 and retrieve the data with the current locale
>>>
>>> For spanish locale I would like to retrieve 18-10-2006
>>
>> Rather than torturing yourself with all this weirdness, maybe you should
>> look at using Zope 3's locale support in your app, whether it's zope 2 or
>> zope 3...
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Chris
>>
> Sure, but I don't need only localization, I need to preprocess the
> properties before read them
>
> Is this possible?

I am not sure what you mean when you say you want to preprocess the
properties before reading them.  There are 2 possible cases (that I can
think of) in which preprocessing could occur:

data, then display the data.  However, you are still 'reading' the data
before you can process it.

2) you need to process stored data as a result of some external or timed
event (ie. not in response to a user request).  In this case you use
cron/wget/stepper/etc. to activate a routine which accesses the stored data,
processes the data, saves the data (either overwriting the old data or
creating a new data element).  However, you are still 'reading' the data
before you can process it.

Before you can process data you need to 'read' (access) the data.  If you
mean something different when you say 'read' let us know, it may eliminate
some confusion!

Jonathan