[Zope] invalid load key

William Heymann kosh at aesaeion.com
Mon Oct 30 22:47:59 EST 2006

This is the traceback I am getting when I try to pack the db

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module App.ApplicationManager, line 426, in manage_pack
  Module ZODB.DB, line 605, in pack
  Module ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage, line 1348, in pack
  Module ZODB.FileStorage.fspack, line 482, in pack
  Module ZODB.FileStorage.fspack, line 228, in findReachable
  Module ZODB.FileStorage.fspack, line 304, in findReachableAtPacktime
  Module ZODB.FileStorage.fspack, line 377, in findrefs
  Module ZODB.serialize, line 625, in referencesf
UnpicklingError: invalid load key, '^\'

How can I find out what object is damaged so I can fix it/remove it?

My best guess on what caused the problem was undoing a large set of deletes
because someone deleted something they should not have and then deleting
those objects again. I tried to run fsrecover.py on the db and it seems to
just spin at around 99%. I will run it again and just leave it running and
see if it ever finishes but I let it run for a pretty long time already.

Also any idea on what could have really caused the problem? memtest did not
report any errors when I last ran it and the hard drive diagnostics don't
report any issues either.

The Zope version is 2.9.5 and the db is about 2GB in size and the point at
which fsrecover.py stalls is about the last 4 megs.

Thanks