[Zope] SecurityInfo Conflicting security declarations

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Sep 3 13:57:00 EDT 2006

beno wrote at 2006-9-2 12:48 -0400:
>Hi;
>I noticed in my events log the following:
>
>2006-09-02T15:13:50 PROBLEM(100) SecurityInfo Conflicting security
>declarations for "getViewTOCValue"
>------
>2006-09-02T15:13:50 PROBLEM(100) SecurityInfo Class
>"PloneArticleMultiPage" had conflicting security declarations
>
>How do I trouble-shoot these?

The easiest way is to ignore them.
Unless you observe security problems, you need not to worry about them.

A problem can only occur for objects that store the allowed roles
in themselves (in the "__roles__") attribute (such as
e.g. "DTML object", "Page Templates", "External Methods" and
other Zope site building objects).
For these objects, the security machinery does not know which
allowed roles to store in the object.

(True) methods have the allowed roles stored in their instance objects
and there should not be a problem, although I am not sure that
the code already knows this...

--
Dieter