[Zope] MailBoxer Problem Found...But Not Solved

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Sep 5 05:07:25 EDT 2006

beno wrote:
> Request URL     http://202.71.106.119:7080/error_log/manage_workspace
> Exception Type     Redirect
> Exception Value     http://202.71.106.119:7080/error_log/manage_main

> Now, that error is definitely from the email I sent.

Bull. Although I'd be amused to see how you figured that...
Check the above urls, this is a request by you to Zope's ZMI that got
redirected to the manage_main. In fact, it's you looking at the error
log itself.

*sigh*

> * I don't use Apache,

That's because you're an idiot. I have half a mind just to hack your
server to prove a point. Nice of you to tell the entire list the IP and
port where it's running...

> and I'd rather not have to if I can get away with
> it. Just one more program to maintain.

Ah, lazy AND stupid. You should become a politician.

> * I use Pound on my front end,

Yes, that'd be the "stupid" coming out again.

> * As a result, if I want to send requests *directly* to Zope, I need to
> use the IP address.

...which really should be firewalled off for everything other than
localhost.

>    rejoice: "|smtp2zope.py
> http://202.71.106.119:7080/rejoice.2012.vi/rejoice/manage_mailboxer 20000"

Have you actually thought to check your qmail logs to see what it thinks
is happening?

> Apparently, MailBoxer doesn't like that. Apparently, it wants a web
> address, like rejoice.2012.vi, in my case. But that won't get past Pound
> :( What do? Which file should I hack to get it to accept the IP address?

The fact that MailBoxer wants to do an HTTP post like this to add a
message is, quite frankly, scary and should make you run far away from
it for starters.

Of course, you could just use mailman, but hey, far be it for you to
actually listen to the advice of anyone on the lists you keep pestering.

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk