[Zope] Re: request.locale - do we have this in 2.9.4?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Sep 5 15:01:35 EDT 2006

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote at 2006-9-5 16:44 +0200:
>> It's an issue, not a bug.
>
> According to Wikipedia:
>
>     A software bug is an error, flaw, mistake, failure, or fault in a
>     computer program that prevents it from working as intended, or
>     produces an incorrect result.
>
> A request object that declares to implement "IBrowserRequest" but
> does not, is not working as intended -- and constitutes a bug.

Fine. Call it a bug. I don't care.

Arguing semantics won't solve that problem now, will it. Remove the
IBrowserRequest declaration and see Five break. Perhaps it was the wrong
thing to do at the time (it certainly wasn't me who did it), but that's
just how it is. We'll have to live with it now.

Philipp