[Zope] zope 3 invisibility

Carlos de la Guardia carlos.delaguardia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 17:46:55 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

I frequently blog about Zope, and recently posted a list of 10 reasons why I
think Zope 3 is kind of invisible to the Python community (see my blog at
http://blog.delaguardia.com.mx). One of the things that I talk about in that
post is that the Zope community tends to interact more through its mailing
lists than its blogs, as opposed to other so-called modern frameworks, like
Django and Turbogears.

I have been following the efforts of the Zope 3 developers and sometimes
wonder why this invisibility effect takes place. That's why I decided to see
if anyone on this list feels like commenting about this, or any of my other
10 points. I am very interested in the dynamics of the Zope community and
the place of Zope in the larger Python community, and would be very thankful
for any comments, here or on the blog.

Thanks very much.

Carlos de la Guardia