[Zope] Re: request.locale - do we have this in 2.9.4?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Sep 6 06:17:10 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> Practically, it will very rarely hinder you to add attributes (such as
>> "locale") to the request.
>
> I think "locale" and "debug" are just common enough to be form variables.

Funny, I've never used either in 6 years of zoping ;-)

> You'd be surprised (I was too). Plus, TALES path expressions first try
> attribute access, then item access.

ZPT sux ;-)

> Sure, but it's a BBB foul. It's not *me* who has the legacy code, so I
> wouldn't mind. But I'm sure others would.

I thought adapters were for this exact kind of thing?
Existing Zoep 2 code would use a Zope 2 request, the Zope 3 components
should be presented with a Zope 2 request that has been adapted to
present IBrowserRequest rather than just being marked as implementing
it, no?

> Perhaps. A configuration option (that would usually be turned to 'off')

What do you mean by "off" here? The config option should make the stfuf
that ships (like the widgets!) work by default...

cheers,

Chrus

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk