[Zope] Need help tracing my application errors.

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Sep 7 15:13:48 EDT 2006

--On 7. September 2006 21:05:31 +0200 Jose Carlos Balderas Alberico
<josecarlos.balderas at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm out of ideas here. What I basically want is some way of printing stuff
> somewhere, maybe a file, or the screen itself, to know where the
> application
> is in every moment. That way, locating the error would be far easier.

What's wrong with using the standard Python logging module? Likely you need
to use allow_module('logging'). See
lib/python/Products/PythonScripts/README.txt for details. You can also
write an external method that performs logging through any kind of logger
you might have available in Python and call this external method from
anywhere in Zope since ExternalMethods are first-class Zope objects and can
be acquired through standard acquisition.
For more information on Python's logging module: Read The Fine Manual
(Python library reference).

-aj