[Zope] assign REQUEST object to redirect?

Andrew Milton akm at theinternet.com.au
Sat Sep 9 05:50:33 EDT 2006

+-------[ Ferhat Ayaz ]----------------------
| Hi,
|
| If I return n Script (Python) the following
|
| container.REQUEST.form['id'] = 1
| return context.index_html(container.REQUEST)
|

| then I have access to request/form/id within the page
| template index_html.
|
| Now I must redirect instead of returning like
|
| return
| container.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect('index_html')
|
| But how can I give request object in a redirect.
| Don't suggest the way appending the query string with
|
| 'index_html?'+form fields ...

I don't think you understand what a redirect is.

If you redirect, it instructs the client's browser to open a new connection as
if the user typed the URL into the location bar.

You can only transfer in a few ways;

o Query String
o Posting
o Setting information in a cookie
  - Either all the information,
  - or a key to look it up from some other storage.

--
Andrew Milton
akm at theinternet.com.au