[Zope] question on URL styling

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Mon Sep 11 12:34:06 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Myllymaki" <erik.myllymaki at aviawest.com>
To: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2006 12:24 PM
Subject: [Zope] question on URL styling

>I am making a survey that has many very similar pages all in one directory.
> The page templates are called page-1.html, page-2.html, ... page-n.html.
>
> I am using two submit buttons on each of the pages; one for 'Next' and one
> for 'Previous' so that I catch changes to the form elements in each
> direction. I use a python script as index_html, and hit it on each submit
> (<form action=".">), and then redirect to the appropriate page, whether
> that page is current_page++ or current_page--. I also stuff all form
> variables into SESSION in the index_html python script.
>
> What I am wondering though, is how to display the 'page' portion of the
> address - right now it always just displays as
> http://myzopesite.com/workingdirectory/
>
> I would like it to display
> http://myzopesite.com/workingdirectory/page-1.html,
> http://myzopesite.com/workingdirectory/page-1.html, etc.
>
> The pages are all accessible directly by those names, but by always going
> to index_html and returning the page via "return
> container[next_page](context, request)" I never see this part in the URL.

One possible work-around is to rename your python script, reformat your urls
and use traverse_subpath to access the page to be displayed.  eg.  if you
name your script 'displayPage', then you can have a url like:

http://myzopesite/workingdirectory/displayPage/page-1.html

the displayPage script will be invoked and it can then access
REQUEST['traverse_subpath'] (which in the above case will contain
'page-1.html').

hth

Jonathan