[Zope] How can I get a listing of all objects in the Zope 2.62 ZODB?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Sep 12 14:06:13 EDT 2006

Mark, Jonathan (Integic) wrote at 2006-9-12 11:26 -0400:
>In Oracle it is easy to get a listing of everything
>that is in the Oracle database. One simply queries the
>system view dba_objects.
>
>Is there anything similar for the Zope 2.62 ZODB? I
>have been using Squishdot at goodbyejim.com for years.
>I still don't understand it. I would love to be able
>to see everything that it dumps into the ZODB.

In modern ZODB versions (I think ZODB 3.6 and above),
there is an iterator which allows you to iterate over
all objects in the ZODB.

It main use case is to perform migrations between major updates.
But, if you know how to "list" your objects intelligently (this is much more
difficult than with Oracle where all objects have a strict schema),
you definitely can do this as well (but I doubt, you will be happy).

>I understand that one can look at the Squishdot source
>to find out. But it ought to be possible to query the
>ZODB directly and observe all of the objects that are
>in it.

The ZODB level is *very* *very* low!
You do *NOT* want to work on this level when you have an alternative...

--
Dieter