[Zope] POST sucks.

Igor Stroh igor at rulim.de
Wed Sep 13 04:02:56 EDT 2006

Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 07:40:15PM +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
>> Ethereal aka Wireshark how it is called now works perfectly for any kind
>> of network analysis like that. It has a functionality "Follow TCP stream"
>> and is able to decode nearly every protocol.
>
> Oooh, that looks really really useful. Thanks!
> Found it at
> http://www.wireshark.org/faq.html
>
> Unlike tcpdump, it doesn't require pointing clients to a different
> port (or running on the server and restarting the server on
> a different port).

Doing a lot web services developoment lately, I find tcpflow¹ very
usefull (and much easier to use then ethereal), e.g.:
`tcpflow -c -i eth0 port 8080`
will sniff on port 8080 (interface eth0) in interactive mode, so
you'll see the data fly by, already decoded and ready to be
copy&pasted into SOAPUI² :)

¹: http://www.circlemud.org/~jelson/software/tcpflow/
²: http://www.soapui.org/

HTH,