[Zope] Problem with upgrade from Zope 2.6.1 to Zope 2.9.4

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Sep 13 10:33:45 EDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 13, 2006 at 12:54:09AM -0700, yogeen honnavar wrote:
> hello AJ,
>          thanks for ur response. now i hv another
> issue.
>    the problem is the older applicaiton which we hv in
> zope 2.6.1 uses a function ZopeTime. after migrating
> to Zope2.9.4 by moving the Data.fs file. it is found
> that the application reports error KeyError for
> ZopeTime. can u pls suggest whats wrong ? is ZopeTime
> available in 2.9.4. if we change it to "_.DateTime"
> its working. but we hv it in many places and we dont
> wish to change the code. pls suggest a solution.
>    the problematic code is as follows
>
> <dtml-var ZopeTime fmt="ISO">

I created a new dtml method in a zope 2.9.1 instance.
I copied and pasted your problematic code.
Works fine here.

The only thing I can think of that might be relevant is that ZopeTime
doesn't live in the dtml "_" namespace; instead it's acquired from the
root application.

Was it always that way? I don't know and don't have time to check.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com