[Zope] How can I get a listing of all objects in the Zope 2.62 ZODB?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Sep 13 14:04:23 EDT 2006

Mark, Jonathan (Integic) wrote at 2006-9-13 11:06 -0400:
>To convert Squishdot to use an RDBMS I would have to modify the Posting and other product scripts in Squishdot. If I could look at the Squishdot-related objects in the ZODB I would have a better understanding of what Squishdot is doing when it posts and retrieves a message. I could then duplicate that behavior with Gadfly.

The "Gadfly" implementation included in Zope is bad -- do not use it
in earnest.

*If* you really want to go with a relational database, use a real one
(Postgres, MySQL (with transactional tables), Oracle, ...).

The alternative is to learn what make Squishdot slow and fix that.
A profile (e.g. with "ZopeProfiler") may help you to understand what
happens.

--
Dieter