[Zope] ZEO with Multiple Storages

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Sep 14 13:21:42 EDT 2006

Brian Brinegar wrote at 2006-9-13 21:22 -0400:
> ... partioning large data sets onto different storages ...
>First off, does this make any sense?

I makes sense and we do it successfully with our large editorial
system.

However, ensure that each storage is self contained data wise:

  e.g. do not put data in one storage and have them catalogued
  in a different one.

Otherwise, selective backup of individual storages will introduce
inconsistencies.

>Is it worth pursuing?

Yes.

>Secondly, I
>assume that where an object is stored does not limit what other objects
>it can access in a transaction (e.g. object A could add a property to
>object B if they were in different storages) because all changes would
>occur in a client. (this ties into the single transaction committing to
>multiple storages)

Right.

--
Dieter