[Zope] Re: lipo error in comiling zope 2.9.4 on Mac OS X 10.4.7

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Thu Sep 14 17:20:47 EDT 2006

cristopher pierson ewing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> using Python 2.4.3 installed via package on a Mac G4 with OS X 10.4.7.
> I'm trying to compile zope 2.9.4 and getting the following error trace
> in the terminal window:
>
> AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:629: error: initializer element is not
> constant
> AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:629: error: (near initialization for
> 'imPermissionRoleType.tp_setattro')
> AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2215: error: initializer element is not
> constant
> AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2215: error: (near initialization for
> 'dtml_methods[1].ml_name')
> AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2215: error: initializer element is not
> constant
> AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2215: error: (near initialization for
> 'dtml_methods[1].ml_meth')
> AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2215: error: initializer element is not
> constant
> AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2215: error: (near initialization for
> 'dtml_methods[1]')
> AccessControl/cAccessControl.c: In function 'initcAccessControl':
> AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2229: error: initializer element is not
> constant
> AccessControl/cAccessControl.c:2229: error: (near initialization for
> 'RestrictedDTMLMixinType.ob_type')
> lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/tmp//ccLGX4ik.out
> make: *** [build] Error 1
>

> There's a bunch more of the same AccessContral/cAccessControl.c: error
> messages above those I copied here, but they didn't seem to germane to
> the problem.
>
> Any ideas what throws this error?  Is this possibly a problem with a gcc
> for the g4 architecture vs. one for the new i386 architecture?
>
> Any suggestions most welcome!

Somebody is defining NULL as a non-constant?  That is pretty weird, to
say the least.

Line 629:
	NULL,					/* tp_setattro	*/

Lines 2213-6:
static struct PyMethodDef dtml_methods[] = {
  {"guarded_getattr", (PyCFunction)dtml_guarded_getattr,
   METH_VARARGS|METH_KEYWORDS, "" },
  {NULL,	NULL}
};

Line 2229 invokes the PURE_MIXIN_CLASS macro (defined in
ExtensionClass/ExtensionClass.h).

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver          +1 202-558-7113          tseaver at palladion.com