[Zope] LocalFS - user needs to be manager?

Josh Burvill jburvill at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 22:04:28 EDT 2006

On 21/09/06, David H <bluepaul at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Josh Burvill wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am experiencing an odd situation where if a user does not have
> > manager role, he/she cannot browse a localfs object.
> >
> > I think it can't be a filesystem permissions or zope process os user
> > problem because if the zope user has the manager role, there is no
> > problem.
> >
> > I can't see anything in the permissions for the localfs object to
> > cause a problem, they are all on "acquire".
> >
> > Any hints?
> >
> > Zope 2.8.6-final, python 2.3.5, win32
> > LocalFS-1-7-andreas
> >
> Josh
> Did you do an Zope upgrade recently?  Why do you say its "odd" what was
> normal before?
>
> David
>
> I upgraded my zope from 2.6.4 a couple months ago, but only installed
localfs yesterday.
Being new to localfs, I don't really know if it is odd or normal, but it
seems "odd".
The unprivileged (but "authenticated") zope user is asked to reenter their
login details (basic http auth) when they try to click on the link to the
localfs object, and not allowed to view it. But if i grant the user the zope
"Manager" role, they are let in.

Hope this clarifies the problem.