[Zope] automated object exporting

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Thu Sep 28 01:57:18 EDT 2006

> I have a Zope object (a Plone site, to be specific) that I would like
> to have exported on a regular basis so I can back it up to another
> server. While I am familiar with Python, I'm not familiar with the
> specific methods involved in interacting with Zope for this. How would
> I go about doing this?

I think you don't have to be familiar with
anything specific for Zope. Simply backup
<Zope instance>/var/data.fs file (or data.fs
in ZEO server if you're using one). As the others
already said you may do it with cron and
some bash scripts.

If you need to backup only some portions of your's
ZODB then you'll have to deal with Zope export
features. You may also think about something like
zsyncer.

--
Maciej Wisniowski