[Zope] HTTPResponse

Stefan H. Holek stefan at epy.co.at
Fri Sep 29 10:48:43 EDT 2006

The point of stream iterators is not the chunk size, but that they
are handed to Medusa (ZServer) right away. As a result the Zope
thread is immediately freed to serve new requests, while ZServer
takes care of streaming the data to the client.

Stefan

On 29. Sep 2006, at 15:14, Pascal Peregrina wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to know what is the use of implementing the
> Zpublisher.Iterators.IStreamIterator on the object returned as the
> body of a
> HTTP response.
>
> As far as I could read the Zope code (Zserver, etc), this will make
> the
> response data to be sent 64k at a time.
>
> So will this improve performance/concurrency in any way for >64k
> data HTTP

Anything that, in happening, causes itself to happen again,
happens again.  --Douglas Adams