[Zope] debugging memory exhaustion

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 12:09:55 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I'm suffering with an app server that keeps blowing through all its memory.

I have a suspicion this is due to a dodgy python script or page template
pulling too many objects into memory. However, by the time I know to
look, the app server throws MemoryErrors for each and every request.

What're the best ways to go about debugging this? Would DeadlockDebugger
help or will it suffer from the same problem?

Of course, it'd be lovely if you could actually specify an upper memory
bound for a particular request to use, and/or Zope as a whole, but these
kinds of things always seem to stall at the development stage :-(

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk