[Zope] Form-Through-Script

Tom Von Lahndorff tom at modscape.com
Mon Aug 13 16:15:14 EDT 2007

On Aug 13, 2007, at 3:55 PM, Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 13. August 2007 15:39:40 -0400 tonylabarbara at aol.com wrote:
>

>> Hi;
>> I have a form that I need to send to a script and then send off to
>> a URL
>> (PayPal). I need to process it through the script to renumber
>> things for
>> PP. How do I do this? I imagine I add an element to the PT like so:
>>
>> <form action="renumberTheCart(here/CheckOutAfterEditStuff)"
>> method="post">
>>
>> but I need to pass a parameter "doc", which, of course, is the
>> document
>> I'm submitting. So I tried this:
>>
>> <form action="renumberTheCart(here/CheckOutAfterEditStuff)"
>> method="post">
>
> You might check out the basics about HTML forms first. The 'action'
> parameter is an URL and *not* some Python-like function call. You
> specify the destination URL inside the action attribute and pass
> the parameters as *hidden* form parameters to the URL - either
> using method GET or POST.
>
> You'll find more on forms in any HTML tutorial. Start from here:
>
> <http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp>

If you're uploading a file you'll want to also add enctype="multipart/
form-data" to the form tag. I usually add it by default.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/interact/forms.html#h-17.13.4
"The content type "application/x-www-form-urlencoded" is inefficient
for sending large quantities of binary data or text containing non-
ASCII characters. The content type "multipart/form-data" should be
used for submitting forms that contain files, non-ASCII data, and
binary data."