[Zope] cannot access POST content in Zope

Manuel Spuhler manuel.spuhler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 19:52:27 EDT 2007

Hello,

I am trying to record the result of a POST request sent to Plone.

I can get the content of the POST when I send the file post.xml (valid xml)

curl http://elevator.sytes.net/RSR/setSMS -d @post.xml

In this case, CONTENT_TYPE headers is set to
'application/x-www-form-urlencoded' by curl.

but the content of the POST is empty when I do

curl http://elevator.sytes.net/RSR/setSMS -H "Content-Type: text/xml"
-d @post.xml

I'm working on integrating SMS on Plone, and the external system sends
me a text/xml header, text/xml is the right type, I think, according
rfc 3023

I have been tracking the frames through tcpdump and the request looks
good before zope.

I have then parsed the code of Zope to find where I could change this,
but I can't figure it out for the moment, and maybe it's something
which need to be changed.

Could you help me to fix this please?

Best regards

Manuel Spuhler
www.rsr.ch

Zope 2.9.7-final, python 2.4.4, Plone 2.5.3