[Zope] Why doesn't os.system(command) work?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Fri Aug 17 02:15:26 EDT 2007

--On 16. August 2007 22:40:45 -0700 rieh25 <robertoedwins at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it's finding the programm because I'm using the complete path. And
> when I test it using the wrong programm name, it returns a 1. But instead,
> when I pass it the right name, it just hangs. In the task manager there is
> an entry for the program, but it doesn't seem to execute. Thanks for the
> help.

You're misusing Zope is an evil way. External methods are not designed to
start desktop apps. Don't do that - unless you know what you are doing.
The right approach would be to trigger the start of an application through
an URL handler or something like that. Basically "ExternalEditor" (your
magic search term) would be a good starting point.

-aj