[Zope] Re: [Plone-Users] ZPL and GPL: What should one consider when choosing a license?

fairwinds at eastlink.ca fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Sat Dec 22 20:49:51 EST 2007

Hi Martin. What you advocate would represent a milestone for the PF if any such inniative could gather traction. The componentization of Zope and Plone only brings the sharing issue into sharper focus. Overall, there is little need to duplicate generic recipes, authentication plugins, and other common componentry. This type of sharing could only increase colaboration and strengthen the software.

I don't agree with introducing another license into the mix however if this were considered. The ZPL is the license has generated the success of zope and is comfortable to zope developers.

Regards,
David