[Zope] Limiting access to a Zope Site

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-zope at yahoo.com.ar
Tue Feb 6 00:01:18 EST 2007

At Saturday 3/2/2007 11:34, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:

>On 3 Feb 2007, at 15:22, Maciej Wisniowski wrote:
>
>>>So where is your *real* problem? Export/import works fine,
>>>we have tools like ZSyncer, we have ZEO...something you're missing?
>>It is not my problem. I just pointed that copying data.fs between
>>instances is not only and not preferrable way to distribute
>>application
>>versions among zope instances.
>
>You're still expressing an opinion about what's "preferrable" as a
>statement of fact. What's preferrable and workable is not set in
>stone. People will do what works for them. Matter of fact, there is
>no "preferred" or "recommended" way to "distrubute applications" at
>all, really.

FWIW, I use two databases, one contains the application and the other
(mounted as a folder) contains all the user-created objects. This way
I just copy the "new" database over the "old" one, keeping the user
objects intact. This works fine for our use case.

--
Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.