[Zope] ZODB access via ZEO

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Wed Feb 7 14:56:05 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adit Ranadive" <aranadive3 at mail.gatech.edu>
To: "Jonathan" <dev101 at magma.ca>
Cc: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] ZODB access via ZEO

> Well, the home attribute cannot be changed using the manage_changeProperty
> since it is not exactly a property of the object.
> I tried that bt did not work..
> Any way of putting an object back in ZODB?

This is really a plone question (regarding 'home attribute'), so you will
probably get more help on the plone lists.

> As to causing the pain the script would be useful if users can take a
> copies of
> the main dbs and use copies of their own products.

I clearly don't understand your objective then.

By way of an example:  i have an application which, when a user registers:
creates a folder, creates an instance of a ZCatalog in that folder,
populates the ZCatalog with some indexes and metadata, creates mysql db
entries for the user and then emails a password to the user.  The user gets
their own folder, ZCatalog and mysql entries, but they are instances, not
'products'.