[Zope] Zope 2 and Zope 3

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Wed Feb 14 23:39:49 EST 2007

--On 14. Februar 2007 13:18:10 -0800 Geoff Gerrietts <ggerrietts at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 1. Last time I talked to anyone from Zope Corp, the plan was to quiesce
> Zope

Zope is a community project, not a Zope Corp. project. The influence of ZC
on the Zope development process is limited.

> 2 in favor of Zope 3. At that time, I think I remember people saying
> 2.9would be the last in the Zope 2 series.

There has never been such an official statement.

>Now there's a
> 2.10, so clearly it wasn't. How long does a business like mine have before
> there is no clear upgrade path in the Zope 2 series? Is 2.10 now the final
> Zope 2 release, or will there be a 2.11 and 2.12?

Zope 2 will stay there as long as it is needed and used for large-scale
enterprise installations (this will be the case for a long time).

-aj