[Zope] cpu load 99 percent a lot in plone evinironment

Robert (Jamie) Munro jamie at textmatters.com
Thu Feb 15 14:10:33 EST 2007

Philip Kilner wrote:
> Hi Robert (Jamie?),

Most people call me Jamie, but Robert is fine, and it's what it says on
all my official documents.

> AHAH does not seem to be much discussed here - it's worth reading: -
>
> 	http://microformats.org/wiki/rest/ahah
> &
> 	http://www.gizax.it/ahahsection/
>
> 	(I have based my work on the script in the second link)
>
> Short version: uses AJAX-like technique of rewriting the HTML using
> JavaScript, but returns pure HTML as opposed to XML or JSON, so trivial
> to implement, and can degrade gracefully.

Very useful. I've based my system on the first link because I didn't
need to use POSTs, I just add ?foo=bar to the end of the URL and get it
as normal. I added the ability to load a list of urls and element ids
one after the other, then only activate the submit button at the bottom
of the page when the whole form was loaded.  This means the top of the
page loads quickly, and the rest loads section by section before people
scroll down to it.

I was thinking I would have to do something like this, and your links
made it really easy.

Robert (Jamie) Munro