[Zope] Suggestion for an opensource barchart/piechart graphic package in python

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Sat Feb 17 17:34:48 EST 2007

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007, Marco Bizzarri wrote:
>On 2/17/07, Bill Campbell <bill at celestial.net> wrote:
>>On Sat, Feb 17, 2007, Marco Bizzarri wrote:
>>>Hi all.
>>>
>>>I'm looking for an alternative to python gdchart for barchart/piechart
>>>in a web application. I'm looking to python gdchart 2, but I'm not
>>>sure on the status of maintenance of the project itself.
>>
>>I like gnuplot which makes it pretty easy to create a wide
>>variety of plots.
>>

>I know gnuplot; what is the support for python?

I use it extensively in conjunction with python, buiding gnuplot files and
data that are then used to generate image files.

Granted that I only work in a *nix environment which is built on the
principle of building on the work of others and is easy to tie disparate
programs together to accomplish a job.

For example, I have a python script I run at one of our ISP customers that
gathers postfix mail queue sizes from a cluster of mail servers creating
data files and a gnuplot script to generate a plot of mail queue size over
time for each cluster server.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software, LLC

``Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets.''