[Zope] How to get REST friendly urls from sql database

Gaute Amundsen gaute at div.org
Tue Feb 20 10:30:43 EST 2007

Hi.

Normally a url to an article in our CMS system would look roughly like this:
http://www.dom.tld/aritcles/25245

Where 25245 would be an object of some metatype, say 'article'.

Now what if I wanted to get the data for that page from an sql server instead,
I would expect to end up with a url like this:

http://www.dom.tld/aritcles/index_html?id=25245

Now, having recently read the Roy Fielding paper, and expecting to do some
caching, I would much prefer to have it the first way, even when I have to
get the data out of a DB.

Anybody have any ideas on how this might be done?

Regards

Gaute Amundsen