[Zope] Large jumps of memory use increase, and seeking overall understanding of memory use

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Sun Feb 25 18:41:51 EST 2007

> This is a bit like clutching at straws. You're doctoring the symptoms,
> hoping that some things may not be loaded into memory. It's not a real
> solution. Memory-hungry applications will remain memory-hungry, cached
> or not.
I'm just trying to do something, just like Jean does. You're convincing
us that we have to live with Plone's memory appetite and that only
reasonable optimization is to buy more memory? Sometimes this is not
a solution, but maybe your'e right. I don't know this side of Plone
(yet :) ).

One more thing. There is a setting in zope.conf that says about
cache size. It is used with ZEO setups. Maybe it is worth looking at
how big value it is set to.

--
Maciej Wisniowski