[Zope] Limit size download file in Zope wih LocalFS

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Jan 8 16:13:04 EST 2007

Alan wrote at 2007-1-8 15:48 +0000:
>However, why Zope is not able to cope with "filestream_iterator"
>anymore? What happened here since we only switched zope to apache?

The problem you have reported definitely has to do only with "LocalFS"
and Zope, not with Apache.

>And
>what we are loosing since I am not using filestream_iterator anymore?
>A sort of performance?

Yes, but it may not be that much.

Without the "filestream_iterator"s, the complete file is read into
memory and then delivered through a temporary file again.
This is deadly for file with a size in the order of GBs.

However, our "LocalFS" version (we still use "LocalFS 1.3") reads the
file anyway (to determine its size). If this has not changed until
"LocalFS", you will not loose that much.

--
Dieter