[Zope] need advice on mass data processing

John Schinnerer john at eco-living.net
Tue Jan 9 04:56:47 EST 2007

Aloha,

Sounds like your data case/data model is better suited to a SQL database
(Relational DB instead of Object DB).

Zope works with MySQL, PostgreSQL etc. via ZSQLMethods.
Look into using those, with your existing data going into a SQL DB (or
maybe it is already?), if you want/need to access and manipulate the
data from within zope applications.

Then you also have the option of accessing that data via any
app/platform that can talk to your SQL DB.

I have a project I am working on where a portion of the data is very
RDB-type data, while the rest is more zope/object content-management stuff.

So the RDB-type data will be in a MySQL DB, and, accessible through the
same zope-based platform that also provides the CMS for document/object
management.
Meanwhile if other stakeholders now or later want access to the RDB-type
data they don't have to use zope, they can use whatever they want that
will talk to MySQL.

cheers,
John S.