[Zope] Twiddler

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Jan 10 06:51:08 EST 2007

Paul Winkler wrote:

> Twiddler also looks very similar to the Meld family.  Looks nice, but
> I haven't had time to get a sense of what distinguishes it from meld3.

Thanks, it is similar to meld3 but was developed totally separately from
it. I've put a lot of effort into getting the interfaces correct and
providing flexible input parsing, output rendering and filtering. It's
also full documented and tested.

Using your chart:

> FEATURE             | Twiddler
> --------------------+---------
> potential for	      |
> confusion due to    | None
> implicit magic?
> --------------------+---------
> "familiar" syntax?  | Yes - python ;-)
> --------------------+---------
> round-trip with     | Yes
> an HTML designer?   |
> Useful for          | Yes - plain text parser
> non-X(HT)ML?        |
> Prevents invalid    | Yes - if default parser used
> markup?	      |

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk