[Zope] pool_size

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Wed Jan 17 13:51:30 EST 2007

> Ok so I have DeadlockDebugger installed and running ( I think) --  it
> produces an on screen "dump" that looks the following (this is under
> "normal" circustances -- without the failure that I was trying to
> debug happening). I am just trying to get a feel for what I am seeing.
> I see this same information every time -- so I am assuming that this
> is the norm?
What you see is traceback from all your zope threads.
This is traceback from thread 3396:

> Thread 3396:
> File "C:\Program
> Files\Zope-2.9.1\lib\python\ZServer\PubCore\ZServerPublisher.py", line
> 19, in __init__
>   name, request, response=accept()
> File "C:\Program
> Files\Zope-2.9.1\lib\python\ZServer\PubCore\ZRendezvous.py", line 73,
> in accept
> l.acquire()

This shows that thread 3396 is not busy now (waiting in acquire function).

Thread 1848 does something different. I'm not sure but
maybe this is a main thread under windows or something like that.

> I am presuming there will be different information if I am in the
> throes of the cpu pegging event I am trying to debug?

As soon as your Zope will be doing something (rendering page etc.)
you'll see different results.

Try to write a long running script, execute this, and then
check deadlock debugger. You should see that one thread is busy.
You just need to have your zope under some load.

--
Maciej Wisniowski