[Zope] Re: Allow import of whole filesystem class hierarchy?

Kirk Strauser kirk at daycos.com
Wed Jan 24 14:16:15 EST 2007

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 10:30 am, Tres Seaver wrote:

> The most straighforward hack to do what you want would be to
> monkey-patch 'AccessControl.ZopeGuards.guarded_import', which is the
> function that does the current checking.

Before I start on such an adventure, what is the Python/Zope term for what
I'm trying to do, specifically to allow the import of an entire module,
including classes inside it, and methods inside those classes' objects?

> However, your *best* bet is to implement your Zope applications as
> filesystem-based products, rather than in "untrusted" code (Python
> scripts).  At that point, the modules are easily importable.

Maybe so, but I'm not looking forward to re-writing several years worth of
production code.  I was really hoping for a simple switch that told Zope to
blanketly let me use a module and its contents.  I'm still somewhat in
disbelief that it's not there.
--
Kirk Strauser
Daycos