[Zope] Is there any way to turn off the publishing of externalmethods to the web in Zope?

Mark, Jonathan (Integic) jonathan.mark at integic-hc.com
Fri Jan 26 14:47:02 EST 2007

I will add the URL test. In addition, I will pass a long symettric 64 bit key to the external method as a parameter, and require the external method to confirm that the correct key was passed. Since only I have access to my file system and to my ZMI this is sufficient.

Extraneously, I would like to say how excited I am about the willingness of Zopistas to respond to questions from an ordinary user like me. Everyone talks about the buzzword frameworks Django and RoR. But the most important factor for a user ought to be the ability to get support online. On this point I don't see how Zope could be much better, as long as we ordinary users don't abuse it.

Zope Corporation is opening an office in Northern Virginia, and that says to me that the commercial Zope community is growing. If I apply myself then maybe in a few years I would be part of it myself.

Just my two shekels.