[Zope] KeyErrors in Zope using ZEO

Mike Patterson mpatterson at ltgc.com
Tue Jul 3 16:54:25 EDT 2007

Removing the 'name zeostorage' didn't have any affect on the issue.  I
was able to fix the KeyErrors by increasing the cache-size in the zeo
client configuration part of the zope.conf though.

However, I'm still experiencing intermittent KeyErrors with the session
stuff.  The line of code that always breaks is "session =
REQUEST.SESSION"  and it has happened everywhere in my code that I use
that.  Is there a better way to access the session that I should be
using?  The traceback ends like this:

    * Module ZPublisher.HTTPRequest, line 1217, in __getattr__
    * Module ZPublisher.HTTPRequest, line 1177, in get
    * Module Products.Sessions.SessionDataManager, line 96, in
      getSessionData
    * Module Products.Sessions.SessionDataManager, line 183, in
      _getSessionDataObject
    * Module Products.Transience.Transience, line 846, in new_or_existing
    * Module Products.Transience.Transience, line 452, in __setitem__

I'm now using the exact same configuration for sessions as detailed in
http://www.zopelabs.com/cookbook/1061234337 except the zeo server is on
a different box than the clients.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike