[Zope] Logon process

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Fri Jul 6 13:25:09 EDT 2007

> Hi, Maciej!
> The same problem as with CookieCrumbler or ExUserFolder: I don't understand
> the process to setup the product in order to use it
>
> Do you know any url o similar about how to setup and use PAS?
docs/ folder in PAS product :)

I don't remember exaclty how PAS looks so following
description is from memory and for older PAS version
that I've used some time ago but should be suitable
in general:

You have to crate a folder you want to be secured.
Then you should set View permission for authenticated users
only (or something like that). This is typical Zope security
machinery.

Then you add PAS object into secured folder - this
will create new 'acl_users' object.

In 'acl_users' you need to add two plugins from the list:
1. Cookie.... (don't remember the name)
2. ZODB UserFolder

Then you have to Activate added plugins (you'll find activation
at properties or at 'plugins' object).

Thats all. Now, at ZODB UserFolder object you may add users
just like with default acl_users.

If you take a look at interfaces.py or docs/ you'll find that
there are few kinds of plugins for extraction, authentication etc.
You may exchange some of them to suit your needs and write your own ones.

--
Maciej Wisniowski