[Zope] grabbing the url query string

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Mon Jul 9 21:05:41 EDT 2007

I would like to have a url that I can use to address a zope object
where I grab the query string and 'do something with it'. The issue is
I want to be able to do this for any/all zope objects. For example
lets say I have a zpt in my site called http://mzope.edu/zopeobject

I would like to be able to do http://mzope.edu/zopeobject?id=129292

and have a way to capture the value of 'id'..

The use case I have in mind is a set of emails where I hand out a url to a
page in a zope or plone zie that has a key or tag on it like the id
above. In one set of email id=abc, in another set the id=xyz. I want
to track 'clicks' based on which mailing generated the click. But I
want to be able to apply the 'method' to any/all zope objects.

Does this make sense?

--
David Bear
phone: 	602-496-0424