[Zope] 2.6 to 2.10 migration: RuntimeError: maximum recursiondepth exceeded

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Thu Jul 12 09:48:55 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonas Meurer" <jonas at freesources.org>
To: "zope-users" <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] 2.6 to 2.10 migration: RuntimeError: maximum
recursiondepth exceeded

>> Importing as zexp? If yes, this is unsupported.
>
> Yes, I imported the Product as zexp. Why is that unsupported, and how
> else may I import it? It doesn't exist in the filesystem hierarchy, as
> it's a custom Product which was developed in the ZMI.
>
> Or is there a save way to export the Product from the 2.6.4 instance to
> files and then import the files to the 2.10.3 instance?

Typically Zope 'Products' exist on the filesystem.  If you created your
product entirely thru the ZMI, then you probably have a ZClass-based
product.  These type of products can be exported but not directly imported.
If you tried to import it you should see a broken product icon in the
Control_Panel/Products listing in the ZMI.

There is a work-around: you can create an external method which can import
the 'exported' zclass product, something like:

def importZClass(self):
        prdDir = self.unrestrictedTraverse('/Control_Panel/Products')
        prdDir.manage_importObject('something.zexp')
        return 'done'

Note: ZClasses are officially deprecated as of Zope 2.10.  They may work or
they may not, but they are no longer officially supported.

hth

Jonathan