[Zope] acquisition failure puuzzle or maybe something else

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Fri Jul 27 14:53:07 EDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dennis Allison" <allison at shasta.stanford.edu>
To: "Jonathan" <dev101 at magma.ca>
Cc: <zope at zope.org>
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 2:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] acquisition failure puuzzle or maybe something else

> The values are validated and are simple strings.  For our testing purpose
> they are things like 'aaa'.  Also, if that were the problem, eval would
> have thrown a different error since it most likely evaluates the
> parameters before trying to bind the call.  In our testing we have
> replaced the catenation with a static string but still get the error.

In your previous message you said:

<snip>
Simple test methods in folder C

   <dtml-var standard_html_header>
   <dtml-let sss="scripts.cleanfilename('able baker charlie  ')">
   <dtml-var sss>
   </dtml-let>
   <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

work fine and do not throw the attribute error.
</snip>

Now you are saying that the static string does cause the error?

To remove the acquisition issue:  if you can get the cleanfilename routine
to just return the input parameter (as a test, don't do anything else in
cleanfilename) without error, then that means that you have a coding error
somewhere within cleanfilename.

Jonathan