[Zope] where does ZOPE store users created objects

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Jun 10 02:39:20 EDT 2007

--On 10. Juni 2007 07:28:46 +0100 kamal hamzat <hamzat at dnetsystems.net>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Please i want to know the physical path on my Zope installation where
> Zope  stored the objects (such as dtml methods and documents) created by
> the  users. When i searched for the .dtml extension on my computer, I
> could not  see anyone created by me or other users from the list of
> objects returned.

All data is held with in the ZODB (var/Data.fs).

> My plan is to have two zope installaions running, i want the first zope
> installation to hold current information (bcos the data.fs is becoming
> too  big, it is slowing down the site whereas majority of my users are
> interested  in the current info while few will want to access the old
> info) and later  run a python code that will cut and paste the old
> information  into the  second zope installation as soon as I have new
> ones.

Sorry, but you don't know how Zope works. Becoming "big" and "slow" are
terms that totally sense-free without coming up with numbers and fact.
There are real-world Zope installation with millions of objects that are
pretty fast. So tell us what "big" and "slow" means and we might come up
with some hints instead of responding to a question that isn't worth
responding to :-)

-aj