[Zope] Temporarily "Losing" User Authentication in Folders and DTML Documents

Ron Chichester complaw at hal-pc.org
Wed Jun 13 10:33:51 EDT 2007

This is a perplexing problem.  I'm migrating a site from Zope 2.2 to
2.9.7.

 From the old site, I exported a set of .zexp files, and simply imported
them into the new site (in the same folder structure).  In the root
directory, all of the imported files and folders work as expected.
However, when I go into an imported folder, and access one of it's
folders, my users temporarily "lose" their authentication.  As a
diagnostic measure, I wrote some code to display their username for each
page.  In the pages/folders in the root directory, it displays their
proper username.  However, when I drill down into the site (e.g., folder
of a folder), the username goes to "Anonymous User" and the code (which
changes what is displayed based on the user's role), displays according
to an anonymous user rather than the actual username.  Note, however,
that the true authentication is not lost.  If the user goes to a
folder/page closer to the root folder, the display again shows the
user's proper username and the display is according to their proper
assigned role.

When I imported, I was as the "admin" user, and admin took ownership.  I
changed ownership to one of the users, and the code (and display).
Changing owership from admin to another user didn't help, however.

Any idea what the problem is.  I looked on the changelogs on upgrading,
but didn't find anything that explains this problem.

TIA,

Ron