[Zope] Re: 2.9.7 build fails: 'build/lib/linux-i686-2/5/pytz/zoneinfo/Antarctica' does not exist

Mikko Ohtamaa mikko at redinnovation.com
Wed Jun 13 14:37:04 EDT 2007

>> error: package directory
>> 'build/lib/linux-i686-2/5/pytz/zoneinfo/Antarctica' does not exist
>> make: *** [build] Error 1

Solved it.

You must run python setup.py install as root and *do not* run  make,
configure, etc. before as a normal user. I think installer incorrectly
creates something or doesn't fail properly in pre-build steps. I had to
manually delete extracted distribution folder and then run it properly
to get everything right.

rm -rf Zope-2.9.7
tar -xzf Zope-2.9.7.tar
sudo python setup.py install --prefix=/opt/Zope-2.9.7

Still getting this:

error: mkpath: 'name' must be a string (got None)

Cheers,
Mikko

--
Mikko Ohtamaa