[Zope] RSS to HTML in Zope

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Jun 18 11:44:18 EDT 2007

--On 18. Juni 2007 10:41:53 -0400 Tom Von Lahndorff <tom at modscape.com>
wrote:

> Hi, Im still struggling to get an RSS feed converted to HTML in Zope using
>
> Universal Feed Parser
> http://www.feedparser.org/
> +
> This feedpaser setup
> http://www.zope.org/Members/johntynan/feedparser
>
> I'm able to get an RSS feed converted to what looks like a dictionary and
> view it, however it shows up as a rendered string on the page. Whenever I
> try to get any of the keys, no matter how, I've tried every possible
> scenario, I get an error back every time. "Blah Blah" is not callable...,
> You care not allowed to access "blah Blah" in this context., Value 0,
> etc...
>
> I've also tried using the RSS Document in the XML Kit which ended up
> causing a runaway python method and took down Zope so I'd like to avoid
> using it. Half the time it gives back an error message anyway.

I think this issue has been discussed in detail:

 - something that looks like a dict must not be dict

 - without security assertions you can basically only
   use native Python types

 - solutions/workaround: wrap your code into an external method,
   write a product, use a browser view, use TrustedExecutables
   or something like that.

 - in addition you might play around with ModuleSecurityInfo() & friends,
  check the related APIs of the 'AccessControl' module.

-aj