[Zope] a couple of basic questions

Tudor Gabriel tdrgabi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 20:20:44 EDT 2007

Hi, thank you for taking the time to read this.

1. I'm trying to learn to write a website using zope, the progress is good
but i need to understand how can i call an zope object (ZPT or SQL or
Script) from a script in this setup:

/root
    /mysite
         /db
            sql_do_something
         /script
            call_sql_do_something
         index_html

i tryed to call it using sql_do_something = context['db/sql_do_something']
hoping that maybe using aquisition ... i can get the script ... but i get
the message that he can't find the object.

the only way i managed to call it is ... if the files are in the same dir.
im currently using them this way ... but it's gonna get a mess soon, all
those scripts and sql and ZPT in the same dir.

2. I'm not writing products, just simple ZPT and script ... and i want
version control for them, i have svn installed but ... the files are all
inside zope database (i don't even know how the database file is named). Is
there a svn plugin or a way to add those files to repository?  I think that
adding the entire zope database is a bit awkward ... hard to diff etc.

3. Almost the same as the svn problem ... i want to backup my files from
time to time .. db and code, i know how to backup my mysql db, but i don't
know how to get the zope files.
I think i i find the answer for the question nb 2, number 3 will be the
same.

Thank you, expert Zope programmers.