[Zope] temp_folder not MountTemporaryFolder?

Manuel Vázquez Acosta mva.led at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 20:19:47 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I have been digging into Session Management in Zope, because is
causing a little overhead. We have develop a Plone Application, which
must respond to 30 concurrent user every 12 seconds, we have setup
CacheFu and Squid for this.

We have used OpenSTA to stress test the application.

When we run the bench for a non login test, everything goes just fine.
But when run a bench in which a user logs in, we observe too many
ConflictErrors, which, I thinks, slows too much the application,
because zope retries the request 3 times.

I have read /temp_folder is RAM based folder, and also that it should
be a MountPoint, but looking at the code and with the help of
DocFinderTab, I have found /temp_folder is a
Products.TemporaryFolder.SimpleTemporaryContainer, which seems to be
just a folder in the ZODB... This sould be this way? Does
/temp_folder/session_data is the RAM based storage?

Best regards,
Manuel.