[Zope] how to restore a copied instance.

Maciej Wisniowski maciej.wisniowski at coig.katowice.pl
Tue Jun 26 04:51:35 EDT 2007

> hi, i needed to reinstall my zope site on another computer so i
> installed (in debian) plone-site using aptitude ... it automatically
> makes a new instance and starts the server.
Is this the same Zope version that you have on another computer?

> after that i
> stopped the server ... and copied my site (instance folder) from the other computer over this one.
>

> when i start /etc/init.d/zope2.9 start ... it doesn't complain , but i
> can't open the site. (same instance names, same port number )
What does this mean that you can't open the site? Errors?

> i tryied another aproach ... copied back the default installed
> instance ... and only overwritten the var folder with the data from
> the original site.
You also need Products/ from previous instance and files from
Extensions/ folder

> this way i hoped that Data.fs which contained all my objects ... will
> automatically become visible.
>
> it doesn't work this way either, it only sees the default objects, i
> can access the site ... but all my objects are not visible.
Check ControlPanel->Product Management if your products are installed
correctly

--
Maciej Wisniowski